6 Days Kruger Park & Panorama Route
- Visit South Africa’s Top Wildlife Reserve.
- Experience a tented lodge stay in an authentic African setting.
- Have incomparable wildlife encounters.
- Enjoy a traditional Shangaan dinner & dance.
- Get close to nature on a guided safari walk.
- See the impressive Blyde River Canyon.
- Discover the Kruger’s fantastic birdlife.
Pick up your car rental at Johannesburg airport and drive to Sabi Sands Game Reserve in the Greater Kruger area. Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged at an additional cost.
Sabi Sands Game Reserve (Day 1 & 2)
2 Nights En-suite Superior Suite, Full Board & Activities – 440 km
On Day 1, drive to Sabi Sands in the Greater Kruger. Check in at Umkumbe Safari Lodge around lunchtime, just in time for the guided afternoon game drive with a qualified ranger/tracker.
Adjacent to the Kruger National Park with no fences between the Park and Reserve, Sabi Sands Game Reserve offers a unique safari experience where animals roam freely in a vast natural environment. Game viewing possibilities are plentiful. Apart from the Big 5 and other game species that occur in great numbers, the Reserve is especially known for its incredible leopard sightings. Your authentic safari lodge overlooks the Sand River which attracts a plethora of wildlife to its banks. Traditional boma dinners are served around the campfire every night after the guided afternoon/night game drive.
Day 2 at the lodge will be spent doing morning & afternoon game drives, taking part in a guided bush walk (optional) and enjoying the camp’s facilities in a unique setting.
Activities Included: Daily Guided Morning & Afternoon/Night Game Drives; Guided Bush Walk.
The Kruger Park is without a doubt the highlight of any visit to South Africa. The park stretches for about 350 km from south to north along the Mozambique border to where South Africa, Mozambique and Zimbabwe meet at the infamous Crook’s Corner on the confluence of the Luvuvhu and Limpopo rivers.
Well known for its diversity of habitat and wildlife, Kruger offers visitors an excellent opportunity to experience close encounters with elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard in a natural unfenced environment. Wild dog, cheetah, zebra, giraffe and a variety of other species are also indigenous to the park. A paradise for the wildlife enthusiast with close to 150 mammals, over 380 species of indigenous trees, as well as over 500 bird species, the park is a birdwatcher’s haven.
Letaba Rest Camp (Day 3)
1 Night En-suite Chalet, Self-catering – 260 km
After breakfast on Day 3, you will leave Sabi Sands and enter the Kruger National Park at the Phalaborwa Gate. Once you have entered the Park, enjoy a 2-hour self-drive game drive on route to camp. Late afternoon you will go on a guided sunset game drive.
Letaba camp, meaning “river of sand’’ in Sotho, lies on the banks of the Letaba River and is known for its beautiful old trees and restaurant overlooking the river bend. It is an excellent camp for game viewing, especially elephant who which thrive in the area. Your chalet is authentic Kruger style and has a kitchenette and outside barbeque area.
Activity Included: Guided Sunset Game Drive
Satara Rest Camp (Day 4)
1 Night En-Suite Chalet, Self-catering – 70 km
On Day 4 you will travel through the Kruger south to Satara Rest Camp. Die drive there, which is a self-drive game drive all the way, will take about 3 hours depending on game viewing. Set among open tree savannah, Satara is cat territory and offers some of the best game spotting in the Kruger. The savannah plains with Knob Thorn and Marula trees attract large concentrations of antelope which in turn attracts predators such as lion, leopard and cheetah. Satara’s spectacular sunsets are any photographer’s dream. Your chalet is authentic Kruger style and has a kitchenette and outside barbeque area.
Activity Included: Guided Night Game Drive
Hazyview (Day 5)
1 Night En-suite River Chalet, Dinner, Bed & Breakfast – 160 km
Hazyview’s close proximity to the Kruger and picturesque Panorama Route makes it a popular base from which to explore the area. On Day 5 you will leave Satara Camp early and explore the scenic Panorama Route. The most popular stretch of the route is the R532 that winds its way from the town of Sabie via a selection of graceful waterfalls – the Sabie Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Mac Mac Falls – to God’s Window, the Blyde River Canyon, Bourke’s Luck Potholes and the three Rondavels. Later, check in at Hippo Hollow Country Estate in Hazyview and enjoy a traditional Shangaan dinner and dance.
Activity Included: Shangaan River Club Dinner & Dance
Depart Johannesburg (Day 6)
After breakfast on Day 6 you will drive to O.R. Tambo Airport in Johannesburg. Drop-off your car rental and get ready to depart for your flight.
For fully guided and catered tours, please visit Fleet Foot Safaris, our sister company’s website.
- Car Rental: Super Cover SUV Rental (Nissan X-trail or similar vehicle) for 6 days with unlimited kilometers and GPS.
- All accommodation.
- Meals and drinks as specified in the day-by-day section.
- All activities labeled as included.
- Kruger National Park conservation fees (for non-residents).
- A personalized self-drive Tour Package including accommodation and activity vouchers, map books and a detailed itinerary with GPS coordinates, directions, local tips and area information.
- All Taxes/VAT.
What’s not Included
- Domestic and international flights. (Can be arranged at an additional cost).
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour.
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, tips & gratuity etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees.
- Visas to be arranged by the client at their own cost.
- Community/bed levy’s and fees.
- Optional activities: List to be supplied, can be booked with us in advance.
- This is a tour example only, and the actual tour price will vary based on the number of travellers, travel period and accommodation availability. Please email us for a free, tailored quote.
- A single supplement applies for single travellers.
- Should a particular accommodation type not be available, we will offer an alternative of the same standard.
- Please note that if Park Fees are not mentioned with inclusions above, the Park Fees are payable by the traveller on arrival.
- This tour can be tailor-made to suit your specific needs.