4 Days Kruger Park & Panorama Route
- Visit South Africa’s top game reserve.
- Enjoy a pristine African bush experience.
- Have incomparable wildlife encounters.
- Experience the thrill of self-drive game drives.
- Enjoy mid-range lodging in an authentic African setting.
- Get a chance to spot the Big 5.
- Appreciate the Kruger’s fantastic birdlife.
Arrive Nelspruit or Hoedspruit
Take an early morning flight from Johannesburg to Nelspruit or Hoedspruit. On arrival, pick up your rental vehicle. Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged at an additional cost.
Several private nature reserves, in turn, make up the beautiful Umbabat Private Game Reserve, in the heart of ‘Big Five’ country. The Umbabat and Timbavati private game reserves, along with the Klaserie and Balule nature reserves, collectively form the Associated Private Nature Reserves, 180 000 hectares of land without any fences, committed to conservation.
Nsala Game Reserve (Day 1 & 2)
2 Nights En-suite Chalet, Full Board & Game Activities – 70 km (Hoedspruit Airport) or 220km (Nelspruit Airport).
On Day 1 and 2 you will stay at Nsala Safari Camp. Nsala is an intimate and rustic bush camp hugged by marula and leadwood trees and is perched on the banks of a dry riverbed overlooking a gentle s-bend in the meandering river.
The camp sits on an elevated area guarded by a high-reaching thatched roof. Three chalets flow out from the main section housing a swimming pool, lounge/dining area, and boma. Your semi-luxury accommodation consists of a comfortable and modern eco-aware chalet which is fully equipped and comfortable. Sit back and enjoy a glass of wine next to the fire in the boma under the beautiful African sky.
Activities Included: Daily Guided Game Drives & Guided Bush Walks
The Kruger Park is without a doubt the highlight of any visit to South Africa. The park stretches for about 350 km from south to north along the Mozambique border to where South Africa, Mozambique and Zimbabwe meet at the infamous Crook’s Corner on the confluence of the Luvuvhu and Limpopo rivers.
Well known for its diversity of habitat and wildlife, Kruger offers visitors an excellent opportunity to experience close encounters with elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard in a natural unfenced environment. Wild dog, cheetah, zebra, giraffe and a variety of other species are also indigenous to the park. A paradise for the wildlife enthusiast with close to 150 mammals, over 380 species of indigenous trees, as well as over 500 bird species, the park is a birdwatcher’s haven.
Letaba Rest Camp (Day 3 & 4)
2 Nights En-suite Bungalow/Guest Cottage, Self-catering – 190 km
On Day 3 and 4 you will stay at Letaba Rest Camp. The idyllic Letaba Rest Camp is situated on a sweeping bend of the Letaba River, midway between the southern and northern boundaries of the Kruger Park. The name means “river of sand”, and the sandy riverbed is an excellent location for game viewing, particularly elephant, which thrive in the area.
At night the stars overlook a symphony of sounds. Owls, nightjars, frogs, fruit bats, crickets and cicadas all vie to be heard, until the lion roars, then all are silent. Your mid-range bungalow or guest cottage is equipped with an air-conditioner, kitchen, and a bathroom – the perfect location for game viewing in the heart of the Kruger.
Suggested Activities: Daily Self-Drive Game Drives, Guided Sunset or Night Game Drives
Depart Nelspruit Airport or Hoedspruit Airport
Drive to Nelspruit Airport via the scenic Panorama Route, visit the Blyde River Canyon, God’s Window and Lisbon Falls along the way. OR If you have time visit the Kapama Endangered Species Sanctuary on the way back to Hoedspruit Airport for close encounters witht the endangered species of the African continent.
For fully guided and catered tours, please visit Fleet Foot Safaris, our sister company’s website.
- Car Rental: Super Cover SUV Rental (Nissan X-trail or similar vehicle) for 4 days with unlimited kilometers, GPS and one-way drop-off fee.
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade).
- Meals and drinks as specified in the day-by-day section.
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional).
- Kruger National Park conservation fees (For non-residents).
- A personalized self-drive Tour Package including accommodation and activity vouchers, map books and a detailed itinerary with GPS coordinates, directions, local tips and area information.
- All Taxes/VAT.
What’s not Included
- Domestic and international flights. (Can be arranged at an additional cost).
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour.
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$15.00 pp per day).
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees.
- Visas to be arranged by the client at their own cost.
- Community/bed levy’s and fees.
- Optional activities: List to be supplied, can be booked with us in advance.
- This is a tour example only, and the actual tour price will vary based on the number of travellers, travel period and accommodation availability. Please email us for a quote.
- A single supplement applies for single travellers.
- Should a particular accommodation type not be available, we will offer an alternative of the same standard.
- Please note that if Park Fees are not mentioned with inclusions above, the Park Fees are payable by the traveller on arrival.
- This tour can be tailor-made to suit your specific needs.