14 Days Cape Town, Garden Route & Addo
- Drive South Africa’s top coastal route.
- Cable Car up Table Mountain.
- Have an unforgettable whale-watching boat trip in Hermanus.
- Get close to Africa’s Big 5 on safari in the Addo.
- Taste world-class wines on the Stellenbosch wine route.
- Explore the spectacular Cape Point.
- Take in the relaxing vibe of laid-back coastal towns.
Arrive Cape Town
Pick up your rental car at Cape Town Airport and drive to your accommodation to check in. Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged at an additional cost.
Cape Town (Day 1, 2 & 3)
3 Nights En-suite Room, Bed & Breakfast – 25 km
On Day 1-3 you will stay in Cape Town and enjoy all the natural beauty The Mother City has to offer. You will also have an opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture and history of South Africa which is showcased throughout Cape Town. Some of the optional activities which you can enjoy is the scenic Cape Point Peninsula Drive, Boulders Beach, Kirstenbosch Gardens, District 6 Museum, Slave Lodge, etc. Your semi-luxury accommodation consists of a tastefully decorated en-suite standard room situated in the beautiful seaside suburb of Sea Point.
Activities Included: Table Mountain Cable Car, Robben Island Tour
Stellenbosch (Day 4)
1 Night En-suite Room, Bed & Breakfast – 56 km
On Day 4, you will travel to and stay in the beautiful Stellenbosch. Stellenbosch, also known as the second oldest town in South Africa has fondly been called ‘Eikestad’ or city of oaks and its streets are lined with some of the most beautiful surviving examples of Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian architecture in the Cape. Your semi-luxury accommodation is set on an idyllic wine farm on the foothills of the beautiful Simonsberg Mountains.
Franschhoek (Day 5)
1 Night En-suite Manor Room, Bed & Breakfast – 40 km
On Day 5 you will travel to Franschhoek, also known as “French Corner”. This is the food and wine heartland of the country, where splendid wines are grown, and top chefs create international cuisine. Breathtaking scenery, warm hospitality, world class cuisine and the finest wines all combine to create lasting memories. Your semi-luxury accommodation is set on a 3-hectare lavender farm in the original Manor House and is perfect for relaxing – and close to all the activities you may want to visit.
Activity Included: Franschhoek Wine Tram
Hermanus (Day 6 & 7)
2 Nights En-suite Sea-facing Room, Bed & Breakfast – 104 km
On Day 6 and 7 you will enjoy the beautiful Hermanus. Hermanus is situated in the heart of the Whale Route, just 100 km from Cape Town on South Africa’s Cape Whale Coast. It has developed from a rustic fishing village into one of the world’s best whale-viewing sites and offers visitors magnificent scenic beauty. Whales can be spotted from June through to December. Your luxury accommodation is set on the cliffs of Hermanus and is perfect for watching whales from the comfort of your bedroom!
Activity Included: Boat-based Whale Watching
Knysna (Day 8 & 9)
2 Night En-suite Deluxe Room, Bed & Breakfast – 420 km
On Day 8 and 9 you will stay in the beautiful town of Knysna. Situated in the heart of the Garden Route, Knysna is a natural paradise of lush, indigenous forests, tranquil lakes and golden beaches. This is home of the only forest elephant in South Africa, the rare Pansy Shell, endangered Knysna Seahorse, the brilliantly colored and elusive, Knysna Loerie, a plethora of waterfowl and forest birds, dolphins and visiting whales. Your semi-luxury accommodation is situated on Leisure Island, just a short walk from the pristine Knysna Lagoon.
Activity Included: Featherbed Nature Reserve Eco Experience, Birds of Eden & Monkeyland or Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary
The Tsitsikamma region is like a treasure trove; a crypt overflowing with protected indigenous forest that bears ancient trees like yellowwood, hard pear, stinkwood, and ironwood; fynbos covered landscape and the appearance of entrancing animals and birds, like the shy Knysna lourie. The Tsitsikamma forest is a protected conservation area that supports an incredibly diverse ecosystem. Storms River mouth is one of the most magnificent of these, complete with suspension bridge that spans the mouth and offers visitors incredible views. While in Tsitsikamma, we highly recommend you go for a few of the various forest walks available in the region.
Tsitsikamma (Day 10 & 11)
2 Night En-suite Cottage, Self-catering – 100 km
On Day 10 and 11, enjoy being surrounded by the natural splendor of Tsitsikamma, where the booming breakers of the Indian Ocean relentlessly pound rocky shores, where temperate high forest and fynbos roll down to the sea in an unspoilt verdant carpet, where ancient rivers carve their paths to the ocean down rocky ravines. Your mid-range cottage is comfortable and equipped with all the comforts of home. This is a perfect spot to make a fire and sit back and relax while watching the waves break.
Activity Included: Tree Top Canopy Zipline Tour
Schotia Safaris is the oldest private game reserve in the Eastern Cape, bordering the eastern side of the Addo Elephant National Park. Over 40 mammal species live in this densely stocked reserve, offering consistently good game viewing throughout the year. Schotia was the first reserve in the Cape Province to have free roaming lions and sightings of these magnificent animals are almost guaranteed on every Schotia game drive.
Schotia Safaris (Day 12 & 13)
2 Night En-suite Double Room, Fully inclusive – 240 km
On Day 12 and 13 you will enjoy two nights fully inclusive accommodation at Schotia Safaris Private Game Reserve. This reserve is renowned for fantastic game viewing and your two-night package includes game viewing not just in Schotia Private Reserve but also in Addo Elephant National Park. Here you will have an opportunity to see elephant, buffalo, rhino, giraffe, hippo, crocodile and zebra. Your mid-range accommodation consists of a rustic bush guesthouse and is ideal for relaxing after a full day of game viewing.
Activity Included: Daily Morning & Afternoon Game Drives, Game Drive in Addo National Park.
Depart Port Elizabeth
After breakfast the following morning you will drive to Port Elizabeth Airport (60 km). Drop-off your rental car (one-way drop-off fee included in tour price) and get ready to depart on your flight.
For fully guided and catered tours, please visit Fleet Foot Safaris, our sister company’s website.
- Car Rental: Standard Cover small SUV (Ford Ecosport or similar) or semi-luxury sedan (Toyota Corolla Quest) for 18 days with unlimited kilometers, GPS and one-way drop-off fee.
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade).
- Meals and drinks as specified in the day-by-day section.
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional).
- Tsitsikamma and Addo National Park conservation fees (For non-residents).
- A personalized self-drive Tour Package including accommodation and activity vouchers, map books and a detailed itinerary with GPS coordinates, directions, local tips and area information.
- All Taxes/VAT.
What’s not Included
- Domestic and international flights. (Can be arranged at an additional cost).
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour.
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees.
- Visas to be arranged by the client at their own cost.
- Community/bed levy’s and fees.
- Optional activities: List to be supplied, can be booked with us in advance.
- This is a tour example only, and the actual tour price will vary based on the number of travellers, travel period and accommodation availability. Please email us for a quote.
- A single supplement applies for single travellers.
- Should a particular accommodation type not be available, we will offer an alternative of the same standard.
- Please note that if Park Fees are not mentioned with inclusions above, the Park Fees are payable by the traveller on arrival.
- This tour can be tailor-made to suit your specific needs.